Friday 29 April 2011

Royalty

Any republican tendencies were largely buttoned up as we sat around the TV to watch the Royal Wedding. The trees in the aisle were six field maples and two hornbeams, and all the flowers were seasonal and English, a good example of sustainability! However, Landcare Research of New Zealand did some research on the carbon footprint of the wedding, as requested by the Daily Telegraph. Answer, a lot, but much much less than the horrifying figure for the World Cup 2010.

In the afternoon I potted out some Royalty dwarf french beans. I thought it ironic that there should be a Royalty dwarf french bean, but Thomas suggested that Napoleon I would have qualified.

2 comments:

  1. Could be seen as not a huge carbon consumption per head when you consider 2 billion people got pleasure from it and the cynical business woman in me says publicity and goodwill which is above price for Uk plc more viewers than world cup 2010!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I agree with Karen on this one. Sometimes it's important to splash out.

    ReplyDelete